Thursday, March 24, 2011

Under the Weather

It's time for a new AiFactory challenge!

This week's challenge theme is Under the Weather and I'd say it definitely calls for a get well soon card and a little treat to make you feel better :)

Before I get to the card and treat, remember to upload your own entries at the AiFactory Challenge Blog. You dont have to use an AiFactory image, but you could find some freebies at the store here.

The image set that the DT was given to work with this week is called Little Doctor, it can be found at the store here. It's an amazing set that includes 12 elements! Imagine what you could do with it :) A sneak of what it looks like:


So, on to what I created with the set.....


The card was made using plain white cardstock and a single image from the set. I decided that the ambulance would be really cute! It's a bit of a CAS card but the white on white really works for me. I didnt ink any of the edges in order to keep it clean and crisp looking. The sentiment is by the Angel Company and was inked with black StazOn.



I raised the ambulance on some foam in order to give it a bit more dimension, else it would have looked a bit stark.



The treat I bought for this project is actually a very large marshmellow shaped in the form of a heart. But it looked like a big lollipop :) and I thought it would be perfect! I used the Ouch graphic from the set and layered it onto a red and then blue DP. A folded ribbon between the actual image and the red DP just added a bit more detail. I then tied the same patterned ribbon around the stem of the treat.


There you have it! A fantastic get well card and gift for someone in need :) Go on to the blog and check out the wonderful creations by the DT, those ladies really rock! Hope to see you join in on the challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Hey P! I had a headache this morning, can I get the marshmallow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your CAS card and who wouldn't love to get the marshmallow treat.

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....