Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bright as Day

Well Ladies, it's time for another challenge over at the AiFactory Challenge Blog!

This weeks challenge is called Bright as Day and we want to see all your bright and funky projects! The challenge rules are easy: you can enter as many times as you would like as long as you create a new project each time.  It can be entered along with as many challenges as you like as well.  You will have until 11:59EST on Wednesday April 4th to upload your entries :)

You don't have to use one of the AiF images but we would love it if you did and you get an extra entry to win. Unfortunately, the store is temporarily off line as it is undergoing some site maintenance, so you can grab the Freebie that Tammy posted for you on the challenge blog in the mean time.

The DT were given the Ella in the clouds image to work with this week and what fun was had by all! Make sure you take the time to check out what all the ladies made :) You can find her at the store here (when the site is running again). I'll have to add the preview of the digi to this post once I can get the watermarked one from the store, in the mean time you can see what she looks like on my project :)



I must admit that my crafty mojo seemed to be lacking a bit in this project and I struggled for an idea! In the end I decided to make myself a bookmark, I can never get enough of them :) And I find they are so expensive in the stores.
I coloured Ella with pencil crayons and sharpies, cut her out and adhered her to a piece of blue cardstock. I then punched the corners of the cardstock with my corner punch to give it a softer look.
I then picked up my trusty white gel pen and stitched around both Ella and the edges of the cardstock. Anything else and I think it would have detracted from the image and looked too busy. I'm all about clean lines it seems...
I then stapled on a piece of ribbon (which was chosen for it's white stitch) at the top of the bookmark to finish it all off.


Tada! Now show me how its done and create something smashing! Hope you all have Terrific Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Fab bookmark.The stitching highlights her beautifully.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same as Lisa. Love your bookmark and the stitching all around makes Ella pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love how you coloured her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it is a shame to hide this in a book, it's a beautiful little creation.

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....