Friday, March 4, 2011

2011: A year in Review - Week 8

Wowwee! Week 8! already?

So week 8 was the week in which I had my birthday and boy did I enjoy it! I got so many lovely gifts and am set to treasure each one for a very long time :)

The gift though, that takes centre stage of this weeks layout, has nothing to do with my birthday. In fact it goes all the way back to Christmas! yep, it's Mrs Nates package! The one I waited forever for :) She and I were beginning to lose hope...

so, without further ado, here are a couple of the elements on the page:






As you can clearly see, I went all Christmasy for the LO theme :) how apt dont you think? I let the paper speak for itself and just accented it by stitching around the border with one of my stamps in black. I had a whole lot of Christmas embellies in my stash too and used these to 'lift' the colour a bit more. The pocket for the tag which holds my journaling is actually from one of the gifts Mrs Nate sent me :)


Well, that makes it another week, and I already know what I'll be doing for the next one :)

Hope you all have a Fantastic Friday! and that the weekend is simply smashing :)

1 comment:

  1. You are going to be so glad that you did this year-long project.....what a wonderful thing to do! Love the muted colours, with just the right touch of "Christmasiness"! Is that a new word I just invented, lol. :D

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....