Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Modern + Traditional = Fantastic!

Hello Everyone!

I hope your Mondays treated you well and that the week ahead is not looking as long anymore :)
I combined the old with some new in my cardmaking last night and just love how it turned out. When I say old and new I mean traditional stamping and digital stamping. I used both and think the card turned out quite nice!

The Digital image is from Beccy's Place and I coloured it with my NEW Sharpie colouring pens :) A wonderful friend gave them to me for my birthday and I am so in love with the richness of their colour! I then cut the image out leaving a thin white line along the edges. The sentiment stamp that says Thank you is from Focus and I inked it with black StazOn before heat embossing it with clear powder. The Leaf pin is Maya Road and comes from the stash that Cole's Little helper sent me a while back :) I tied some gold twine around the stem of the flower digi for some added glam.


Before adhering the digi, I mounted it with some foam squares, I really like how it stands out from the card.


The butterfly stamp does not have a brand name on it so I'm not sure where its from, but I stamped it in black, heat embossed and then coloured and cut it in the same way as I did for the digi. I then added some 3D accent to the wings to add some shine!


I must admit that the paper I used was not all from my scrap stash. Though, technically it is part of a scrap stash I created over the weekend... I designed a set of 5 cards for a Card kit for our local scrapbook store and I used the scraps from my collection to create this card.


I will be sending this card to one of my blogging friends, I wonder who it might be? going to keep you all guessing now aren't I? hahaha!

Have a good Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Sharpies are just great aren't they? Loving your card, so bright and shiny :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....