Thursday, March 3, 2011

AiFactory Challenge! A drop in the Bucket

Hello lovely ladies! Must admit that I made this card over the weekend, I was sooo excited to work with the image!

This weeks challenge over at the AiFactory challenge blog is called 'A drop in the bucket', and the image I've chosen to use is this one and her name is Ella under the sea and you can find her here :



Though its not necessary to use an AiFactory image to enter the challenge, you could pick up a freebie here :)

I used a creamy textured cardstock for the base of the card and instead of inking the edges I stitched around them with my blue steadler fine tip. I cut a wavy pattern from some striped paper in my scrap stash and layered two of these at the bottom to create sea water effect! I then adhered Ella over the waves and stuck blue bling stones on the wave crests that were visible. I tied a bow to the lower wave just for a touch of added girliness :)



Ella was coloured with a mixture of textured pencil crayons, love how the green on her tail blended!


And the final result:



Hope you will all have a Terrific Thursday! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the challenge :)

6 comments:

  1. What a great card you created. i love the blue and green shades all over. wonderful work Petra and the image of ella is so cute!!! Fantastic job Petra!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woweee Really gorgeous! Love the stripey papers too! Ella really stands out :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card, very clever way to create the waves. Warm wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Petra, you are a DIVA! What a cute card....I would never have thought of doing the waves that way...clever ickle thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the shading in her hair. Great looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the stitches and the coloring is sooo lovely! :) great card petra. love to be with you on the team!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....