Thursday, March 17, 2011

Things with Wings!

Hi everyone! What a beautiful day we have here in SA! the sun is shining and the air is crisp! No doubt I'll be frizzling in the heat later, but for now during the early morning its wonderful :)

It's the start of a new challenge this week at AiFactory and the theme this week is 'Things with Wings'!!!!!!
The DT recieved the 2inch cute owls Circle tags to work with this week and what fun we all had!



You can find this beautiful sheet here at the store. Remember that to enter you dont have to use an AiFactory image, but wouldn't it be lovely to? You could find some freebies here.

Now on to what I created for the challenge :) I took my inspiration from the fact that the printable was designed for party's.....



I made a candy pack tag! So, let's start with the most important part....the candy :) hahahaha! They're called speckled eggs and are actually little Turkish delight jellies covered in chocolate and then candy. I must tell you that I love Turkish delight and obviously anything is going to taste good covered in chocolate!

Enough of the sillyness :) I went back to my original challenge set two months ago and used scrap paper. I congratulated myself on being such a hoarder of the tiniest pieces because the light blue cardstock was just big enough for an accent on top of the brown. I punched it and then inked it and set it aside. The brown cardstock I ran through my cuttlebug in the spots and dots folder. I find this folder so versatile and constantly use it on my projects. I then layered the brown cardstock onto a deeper shade of blue than the punched piece, though I didnt ink it as I wanted the colour to pop!

I then adhered the puched blue piece and stuck a piece of ribbon on top, creating a separate bow and adhering it the the left hand side with a silver bling stone in the centre (of course). I then cut out one of the owls from the sheet with my craft scissors and stitched around its edges with my black steadler fine tip. It was then adhered to the tag base...



Hope you will all play along with us this week! Have a Terrific Thursday!

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet little owl. Loved your kits for the cards over the last few days, and I agree with the cocolate eggs. They are yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome tag for the bag of candies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE speckled eggs! You did great on this weeks challenge. Adding the faux stitching around your owl is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turkish Delight is frightful P!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you know already how much I love this!So cute and with sweeties - doesn't get better than that.
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little goodie bag you made with the owls. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute Petra!! love the colors, embossing and goodies too :) love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh yum yum yum, turkish delight eggs sound lovely. My address is.......

    Love the colours you chose for this project and the details you put into the bag topper.

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....