Monday, March 14, 2011

Card set #1 - Card #1

As promised....Card set #1!

Ok Ladies, so I've started designing cards for a local store and I'm quite proud to say that my first kit will be on sale within the next week!

This months card set is centred around the 'different fold' theme and my main aim was to keep it interesting by thinking up different ways to keep the cards closed. I think I was reletively successful but leave the judging to you...

So, without further adieu, card #1:


Because I designed the set specifically, I bought papers that would match throughout the whole set, therefore no scraps were used.  The fold is pretty easy, as is all the decorating. The fancy part is the way the top flap is kept closed.



If you look closely at the above photo, you will see that the bling flower is actually adhered to the top of a curved piece of the black cardstock. This is what holds the top flap down and when open the card looks like this...


Hope it gives you ladies some inspiration :) Have a Montastic Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Such a fab idea! Good luck with your new venture! The card looks really lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea, P.....really like those colours, and a really cute closure idea...can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....