Friday, February 18, 2011

Tag!

Yippee! It's Friday! I am really looking to this weekend!

Last night's card was actually a little bit inspired by a card one of my Marvelous friends sent me :) Anne-Marie is such a talented card maker and I love seeing what she comes up with every week! Yesterday I was the proud recipient of one of her creations, and wow! what colouring! what placement! what marvelousness!




You have to agree with me right?

So here's what inspired todays card....
- the stitching around the border of the image matt
- the 'tag' like shape of the image
- the colour blue



The one element I knew I wanted on this card was a tag. I made it from some marvelous paper in my scrap stash, inked it in black and stamped a sentiment and some stars onto it (both Scrappy Cat) with black StazOn. I punched a hole and inserted an eyelet, then adhered with two foam squares. I threaded some natural twine through the eyelet and tied it to this:



A beautiful blue Grossgrain ribbon! You can also see my hand stitching along the border of the light blue cardstock, as well as the embossing which was attained with my swirly cuttlebug folder. You can also see that the base of the card was made from the same DP as the tag. All the paper came from my scrap stash!



There you have it ladies, another simple card which looks like it took hours to make! Thank you AM for sending me such a beautiful card, I will be treasuring it forever :)

I hope you will all enjoy a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Good job, there, girlie! Love the embossing...always makes creations look so crisp....and that AM is a bloomin' marvel! :D

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....