Thursday, February 3, 2011

2011: A year in review - Week 4

I actually can't believe how quickly the weeks are flying by just doing this little project of mine and Mrs.Nates. Week 4? Really? I thought to myself, ..."You've got to be joking"...

Anyway, there were no noteworthy photo's taken in Week 4, but we did have gorgeous sunshine and a break from all the rain over the weekend. I decided I would make that aspect the main focus of my journal/scrapbook page. I think that if you wanted to make this a scrapbook page you could place your focal photograph onto the empty space of the journaling flap I created.

Once again, all paper pieces, except the background were made from scrap paper in my stash. I felt very ambitious and again made up my own little embellies (except for the butterflies which came from a sticker set). I drew the flowers on a piece of Patterned Paper and cut them out with my craft scissors. I did the same for the clouds, the flower stems and the grass.





I faux stitched around the flowers, the grass and the quote, with a single stitch line around the entire page. I find it really rounds off an otherwise dull-looking page.



The title was of course made out of wooden letters which I coloured in with my black Steadler koki pen.



I put my journaling flap through the cuttlebug in the swirls folder three times in order to get the length of the paper embossed. As I'm sure you would have noticed, the clouds were also embossed with the same folder.

Put all these together and it made for a fun spring/summer themed page, easily adapted to your photo needs.




Hope you all enjoy an awesome Thursday, we're almost through another week :)

1 comment:

  1. Great paper piecing. Thank you for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....