Friday, February 4, 2011

Baby Bear Blue

Hi All!

Another card for you today :) I went against my grain and tried my hand at making a non-vintage/girly card last night. I think it came out ok but i'll leave it down to your expert eyes to let me know how I did.

Every single piece of paper came out of my scrap paper stash - why is it that after almost a month of dipping my hands into it, it still doesn't seem diminished?
I (sort of) followed the sketch for the Wednesday Sketch challenge at the Outlawz. I just placed my embellies differently.
I went for a light blue for the card base and a checked pattern for the contrast. I put the base front through the cuttlebug in my dot folder.


The image was free clipart and I thought it would be perfect for a birthday that falls in the month of February (noting the heart in the bears hand), as well as for a boy. I coloured this sweet thing with my Steadler koki pens. He is matted onto some blue cardstock.



The buttons and corner holders both came out of my stash. The corner holders are actually something I've had for well over a year and it's about time I dig into them!



All edges were inked in Roan.
The sentiment was another freebie which I coloured with a blue koki pen.



I'll be entering the card into the following challenges:

Outlawz - Monday Birthday Card
Outlawz - Wednesday Sketch
The Crafty Pad - Something for the boys

I know there were more but for the life of me I can't remember :) should have written them down! hahaha!
Here's one last look at the card:





Hope you all have Fantastic Fridays and the weekend ahead is magical :)

5 comments:

  1. Love this card. It certainly turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, considering you started off with 'girly' card, it's more than suitable for a boy. It's lovely. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Petra I have left something on my blog for you. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOOOOOO....what a CUTE card, Petra! You did a great job of colouring all that fur...turning green here :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a darling card, Petra. Doesn't it make you feel wonderful to use DP and embellishment from your stash? I did the same thing on my card.
    http://www.u-inspire-me.blogspot.com/, if you want to check it out.
    Thanks fo joining us this week at The Crafty Pad. Hugs XX

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....