Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Birthday card

I loved the Ai factory stamp so much that I just had to use it on another card. Must admit that I don't like my attempt as much as yesterday's but it looks way better in person than in the photo's.

All the paper used came from my scrap stash and embellishments were kept to a minimum, using only ribbon to accent. The sentiment is another scrappy cat one and was inked in black Stazon.
I punched the bottom edged of the green and patterned paper of the matt for the image with my making memories scalloped punch, i find it added more interest to the overal layout of this card.


The image was coloured with my colour pencils and I placed some glitter glue onto the stars on the cake as well as onto the light of the candles.



I inked all edges of the papers in black. All in all, not a very difficult card to make, though because I was trying to stay away from what I'm usually comfortable with in terms of colour, I found the creative process difficult & hard. It can only get better over time :)



Hope you all enjoy a Wonderful Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Love the colours of this card. (my favourites). Both cards are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean about that image...really cute...and I like what you've done with it.
    Maybe that's a thought for a challenge....make as many different cards as you can with the same image!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....