Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Birthday Wishes

Back to cardmaking Ladies!

Last night I was filled with inspiration to make a really girly birthday card! I started with the colouring of my image before choosing paper. The image was in my unmarked digi folder, but I managed to enhance the signature on the bottom of the image and found it signed by a T.Millen and the image is called FSS-Tulip-Trio. If anyone knows exactly who this artist is, I would love for you to help me out so I can give credit where it's due.

I coloured the entire image with my Steadler koki pens and would you believe I only used 5 colours on the whole thing? I managed to blend the colours quite well, it seems my colouring skills are improving. I also decided to stamp the sentiment onto the image, it's a birthday phrase from Scrappy cat and I inked it with black Staz-on ink.
I dont own any nesties, but have this fab shaped tag notepad and used one of the tags to trace a shape around the image. I then cut it out with my craft scissors. The edges were then inked in a light pink by colourbox.


I also decided that the image would pop more if I raised it on some foam.



As per my scrappy quest, all the paper for this card came out of my scrap stash! no pattern paper was used, only two different cardstock pieces. I used a light fairy tale pink for the base and a cream for the layering, each of these was inked with roan. I ran the cream cardstock piece through my cuttlebug in the Stylized Flowers folder.

I then decided that the card needed a bit more 'frill', seeing as it's a girly card. I have these really neat beads in my stash that I bought on sale a while ago and decided these would perfect if I stuck them along the embossed lines on the cream cardstock. I used a light pink for the stems and leaves, and a dark pink for the flowers.

To finish off the card, I placed a ribbon in the top right hand corner between the beaded pattern.


The finished result:



I made this card specifically for a friend's daughter who's birthday is coming up in February, ironically we share the same birthday but are two years apart :)

I also see that this card is eligible for two challenges! I'll be entering it into the following:

Top Tip Tuesday - Anything Girlie
Forgotten Scraps - Anything Goes

Hope you all have a Wonderful Wednesday, we're half way through the week!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love all the beads, must have taken ages. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petra, this is adorable! Your colouring is turning me GREEN...heehee....can't help with the artist's name, though. I'm terrible at not recording where I snagged things from....should really make an effort, especially when folks are good enough to share :)ps. Your photos are a work of art in themselves x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!


    Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday @ http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/ Please come back on Tuesday for another brilliant tip! :)

    Maggie

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card and I love the little tiny beads you added for embellishment - gorgeous! Thanks for playing along in the Forgotten Scraps challenge this week. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beads! Great card and Thanks for joining us at Forgotten Scraps #2.

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....