Thursday, February 10, 2011

2011: A year in Review - Week 5

Can you believe we're in week 6 already? and That I'm posting week 5's LO? It seems to me that the weeks are going by ever faster!

Week 5 focuses on all the rain that has been falling in both SA and Australia, as I have been thinking of my Australian friends through their ordeal. The photo that takes centre stage in this LO was actually taken last year at a zoo but I found it so apt for the theme and journaling for this week.


As you can already see, I went orange with this LO and LOVED the orange floral I found in my regular paper stash. I had to dip into my regular stash as obviously I wont have any 12x12 scraps :)
The burnt orange onto which the photo was matted is however from my scrap stash and I inked it and the 12x12 background in Roan. I have some really lovely bling in my stash so I found one with an orange hue and stuck this along the bottom of the burnt orange matt.



The Orange ribbon came out of my ribbon stash and made for a perfect contrast between the two pattern papers, it also helped to split the page and create more interest.
As usual, I used wooden letters for the title. These particular letters are stained and I love them!



As an added embellishment, I put together three flowers with a stunning resin brad. Just below this is a qoute from an enmark sheet and is inked in roan as well.
I love to use things that might otherwise be thrown away and I have an old telephone book that I keep in my stash for LO's such as this one. I tore a piece out of the book and cut it to size, this was stuck behind the flower with a string of blue bling on top. For me, it made the page more 'wow'.




As you should know by now, swomewhere on this page is a hidden space for journaling. I'm sure you would have guessed right too :)
It's underneath the photo of the hippo! I have yet to write out my journaling but it will be stuck onto the Background paper.


Here is the pic of the completed LO:



I hope you all are looking forward to the coming weekend :) And that you will have a Terrific Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Petra, what a great idea to use bits from an old directory! It looks great, too....clever bugger :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....