Monday, February 7, 2011

Be Mine

With all the hype over Valentines day I thought it best that I at least make an attempt at a few lovey-dovey cards :)
My hubby and I dont celebrate Valentines day, but that doesn't mean we look down on people who do :) We show our love and appreciation for one another every single day and I couldn't ask for a better person to spend the rest of my life with!

So, todays card is titled Be mine for a reason! It's a lovely romantic card that could be used for Valentines day or an anniversary. The image is from Meljen's design's and is called Bunny love. It is one of their freebies. I coloured it with my BRAND NEW colour pencils that my hubby bought for me as a surprise on Friday. I absolutley love the colour that these pencils give. They are so rich. I stitched around the image with a purple Steadler fine tip pen. The sentiment is a stamp by Scrappycat and was inked with black Stazon.


As per usual this last month, All the paper for this card came out of my Scrap paper stash. I am amazed at how many pieces are actually big enough for a card base! Goes to show how we tend to get overexcited about new things and forget to use up the old huh?

The pink cardstock was run through my cuttlebug in the script folder. And I put a piece of pattern paper in the hearts die to get the heart and key. A cut off from the purple cardstock was used to cut the square with a cuttlebug die.


The ribbon was painfully stuck to this card as it was my favourite of the purples that I had, as well as the last strip :)



So without further adieu, here is the finished product:



It just so happens that this card suits the inspiration photo over at Happileigh scrappin's challenge blog. The purple of the card plays directly off of the purple of the folwers in the photo!
I hope you all had a good weekend and that the week ahead is filled with much happiness!

4 comments:

  1. Petra, this is weeeeely cute :). I know what you mean about your ribbon.....I get WAY too attached to stuff, lol. You nailed it with those pencils....great job...good luck with the challenges. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very cute you "wascally wabbit"! Haha! (I couldn't help myself...I watched too much Bugs Bunny as a kid...!)Thanks for taking our challenge at Happileigh Scrappin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them litte wabbits! Thanks for joining us at Happileigh Scrappin

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....