Thursday, July 21, 2011

Layer it up at AiFactory!

The challenge at AiFactory this week is to layer it up! Yes! that's it! You need to have at least two layers of whatever on your project in order to qualify and you have until 11:59EST on Wednesday July 27th to enter. You can use any image you like, but wouldn't it be wonderful if you used something from AiF? You can even find freebies here! One of the freebies actually forms part of the set I got to play with this week, so hop on over and take a look.

The DT were given a fantastic set called My first Rainbow Set, it looks like this:


I never know why, but I always seem to only choose one image to work with when I get a set. It's almost like I choose to savour each image on it's own as I create. I might have to get out of this way of crafting and start putting images together! But that's a challenge all on it's own for another day....

I chose the wee flower on the bottom right hand corner of the set to work with. I cut the petals and leaves out, then used them as a stencil to cut the shapes out on cardstock. Pink for the petals and green for the leaves.

I cuttlebugged the life out of the petals (teehee!) using the scripted embossing folder. I then inked over the raised embossing in a dark pink.

I couldn't resist the new Spellbinders flowers Mrs Nate (My secret Pal) sent me for my birthday so I played a bit and glittered them up. Thanks B for the 'frost yourself' inspiration! And might I add that I look a bit like I visited a strip club last night with the glitter all over me...just sayin...


I cut a thin strip of scrappy green left in my stash for the flower stem, then adhered the leaves I cut at the base. I then glittered the spellbinders leaves and stuck those on top of the AiFactory ones.


Enough layers for ya yet? I don't think so! My sentiment came from a cut out sheet made by a local company. I thought it would go perfectly with my 'self made' flower and possibly a home-made gift for someone later on. I punched holes on either end of the sentiment, added brads, then raised the whole thing on foam.


I also used one of my steadler fine tip pens to draw a bit of a stitched border around the edges of the card, this inspiration always makes me think of Mrs Nate, whose technique I am borrowing :)


So what is it exactly that you're waiting for? go and enter your project! And have a Terrific Thursday :)

P.S. No new papers were harmed in the making of this card.

4 comments:

  1. Love that sentiment, very stylish. Great card love the boldness of the flower.

    If you have made your card out of scraps you can link it up to Jules Crafty Snippets, she thoroughly encourages the use of your scraps. Check out my blog post for the challenge card as there is a link on there to Jules' site.

    Lots of love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you, usually only use one of the images at a time. Love you card and the sentiment is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There might not have been any new papers harmed, but the spellbinders sure give those B plates and helluva battering :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LoL! I love your last line on this post!!!
    I may have to SOMEDAY invest in a spellbinders thing-a-ma-jig I see so many neat things created with it. Like this card of yours here! Just beautiful!

    Smiles!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....