Thursday, July 14, 2011

I see Spots and stripes at AiFactory!

Yep! that's right! It's a spots and stripes challenge at AiF this week :)

Your project should have BOTH stripes and spots on it, it can be DP, an embellishment, ribbon, doodling..whatever you feel like!  Your projects need to be uploaded on the challenge blog by 11:59EST on Wednesday July 20th using the link below the post.  No backlinking but you can combine with any other challenges.  You don't have to use an AIF image but we would love it if you did and you would get an extra entry to win.  Be sure to check out all the great images in the store. They have freebies there too!

This week I got to play with an adorable princess image, immediately I cringed at the idea of making her pink. I don't always like to stick to the norm...

I decided my princess would have black hair and a blue dress with green flowers! But before I show you how I coloured her, this is what she looks like before:


I coloured her using my sharpies, but had a bit of difficulty with ink spreadage because of the paper I used. Lesson learned. I then used this really neat glue that goes dry and sticky on the flowers on her dress and the one in her hair. I rubbed some shiny metallic green paper stuff (I don't know what it's called) over the sticky areas and voila! shiny flowers!
Because I don't have a skin coloured sharpie or koki, I used a cream coloured pencil to colour in her skin. I fussy cut her out and only applied adhesive to her body when I stusk her down, her head slightly curls off the page and I like the effect it gives without having to use foam squares.



I love the flowers in my stash, and the stunning Maya Road pins from Cole's little helper that will take me forever to finish because I love them so much, nuff said.


Whoever said stamps were expensive? I have a batch of KaiserKraft sentiments that cost me R25.00 for four phrases. Needless to say, I have about 7 different sets....

None of the paper came out scrap stash, and I'm ok with it. Sometimes you just need to let your hair down and be compulsive :) Only the yellow was inked (with green), the rest was left as is for a cleaner look. The blue paper serves as my dot, and the lines of the different matts serves as my stripes :)


I heart girly cards, and I just wanted to prove that I dont always use pink...so wah!
Hope you all have a fantstic day today, it's almost weekend :)

P.S. Isn't this just the cutest face you've ever seen?


xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Spectacular card! Love all the little details and the gorgeous blue gown! (And yeah, that is one cute face on that pup!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this princess is so cute and I love the arrangement of your card...you did such a good job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card really stands out with the blue and dark hair! Love it! So, what's the little cutie's name - he's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aawww....P is for Princess! This is adorable...and great choice of blue, and the dark hair.....and you have those Maya Road pins, so I don't need to send any of my Christmas ones....HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really pretty card, your colours are really nice.

    Cute little doggy :)

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....