Monday, July 11, 2011

Take care of yourself

It's official, I am in love with the Bag-a-lope tutorial! Yes, I made another two over the weekend and had a ball!

The firat one I made, has a matching card. I made it for a friend of mine who recently fell pregnant. I think she needs a bit of spoiling before the baby arrives so I needed a gift bag...


I went all pink and green with the project because I bought pink and green items to give her. These are not her favourite colours, I just thought they worked well together. I inked everything in pink, and then went over lightly in black. The butterfly on the sentiment tag was stamped in black and heat embossed with clear powder, then folded to make it look raised and stuck down with glue. The heart hanging from the safety pin was cut with my cuttlebug using the hearts die.


I put a little embellishment on the side of the bag for some interest (and to cover up the writing from UNISA!)

All the scallops on the papers for the embellishing were hand cut after tracing the shapes using a ruler template. The scallops along the top of the bag were punched with my making memories scallop punch.


The handles were made using twisted chord, I found it at a store this weekend and think it will be perfect for these bag projects. The material is very sturdy. And, alas, I bought a  new paper pad this weekend which just had to be used, so the flower pattern is new....at least the rest all came from my scrap stash :)

Join me tomorrow to see the matching card, and have a fantabulous Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Very impressive P! And girly. I love the colors together. Impressive scissoring! She's a lucky lady to be getting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project. They are fun to make in all sizes. The paper is really lovely and colourful.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - it's lov-er-ly - much prefer the handles, makes it much more practical :)
    Just think of all the money you'll save never having to buy a gift bag again! Can spend it all on more pretty paper instead.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think ya out-did yerself here, P! Love those colours....and the banner is a really nice touch...very lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....