Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Card Kit #4 - 7 Gypsies! Card # 1

I've started working on the fourth card kit for the local store I design for. I have been inspired by 7 Gypsies and their ATC sticker sheets.

This is the first time I will be showing you the card kit creations made as I make them and not after the creative process. Don't you feel special?

I've started with this sticker sheet from the 97% complete collection:

'I' is for Inspiration
I've chosen coordinating cardstock and one pattern paper, a selection of ribbon and buttons. So, here we go with the first one....

The owner of the store has these really cute little envelopes that she's asked me to design cards for, they are about 10x7cm, really good for gift basket or flower gift cards, or just little notes to tell someone hello.

I think the thing I love about 7 Gypsies sticker sheets is that they are perfect for little sentiments on scrapbook pages and cards, albeit this is the first time I've made cards with them... And I love how they open your mind to new and exciting colour combinations like this one: Baby blue, red and cream. I've just added black with the paper I've chosen.


A clever little trick that I used on this card, because it is so small, was to cut the embellishing flower in half and stagger it. I got an explosion of colour for very little work.


Embossing on the cream paper was achieved with a cuttlebug folder :) I love the vibrancy of the colour combo, I'm hoping the ladies at the store will too.



Card no.1 done! only four more to go :) And I hope you all have a Terrific Tuesday!

5 comments:

  1. Love the flower trick! Never would have thought of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking us through your card making process. It was very interesting! And the card turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me like :o) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. In love with those colours, P.
    Also love the flower trick...good thinkin', Batman...ha!
    What's not to love....I can see your order book fillin' up pretty smartly, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what? I have a ton of those stickers {like in your first photo}, and I never thought about using them on a card, duh! LoL! So I guess you have now inspired me :) Thanks!
    I also like your flower tip/trick as well. TFS that.
    Take Care!
    Smiles!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....