Thursday, July 7, 2011

It's double time at AiFactory!

Whoop Whoop! Time for another challenge at AiFactory!

This week's challenge is all about doubles...double imgae, double embellieshments, double sentiments, heck just about anything to do with doubles! Me? I used two embellies on my project :) But we'll get to that in a moment. I first want to show you the image that the DT were given to work with this month. She's called Ella at peace and you can find her at the store:


I coloured her with my coloured pencils (trying to save my all important Sharpies from extinction!) and cut her out with a Martha Stewart circle cutter. I inked the edges of the image in brown roan ink.


As you can see from the above, I stuck little flat backed pearls on the centres of the flowers surrounding Ella, I like a little bit of dimension on my cards to really give them that extra PoP! I layered her twice (another double time!) onto plain cardstock and then placed her on my round card base, also cut with the Martha stewart circle cutter, but leaving a section straight for the card fold. You will see this later. I must admit, sorry AM, no scraps were used on this card! aaaahhhhh! I added to the pile with these leftovers!

Wait! I did use one ickle scrap! I made a banner sentiment from a Kaiserkraft stamp in my stash and a little purple paper cut off, inked it in brown and laid off the embossing for a change. I curled the banner over a pencil to get it to look all bendy :)



Then, to complete the double time requirement, I added a second embellie (first was the pearls!)...what could it be?

Ribbon!



I've never tried a card where elements are literally running off the outer edges of the card and this is what inspired today's card. I think it adds a lot of interest to an otherwise very plain card.



See the straight edge at the top of the card? that's the part of the card base that I left uncut by the circle cutter to make the fold. Also, I cut off a sliver of the back of the card base along the bottom in order for the card to stand up properly :)

So that's it folks! Remember to submit your entry at the challenge blog :) Have a fantastic Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. WHOA!! Great card Petra - the coloring and the 3D effect on those flowers... it is me or does the round shape of the card add extra effect to the "3D flowers"??

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....