Thursday, July 28, 2011

Handmade by me challenge at AiFactory!

It's time for another challenge at Aifactory this week! yippee! This week's challenge had me just about jumping out my shoes when I saw the theme. Handmade by me means you need to have at least one item on your project that is made by you! It can be a flower, paper, etc. As long as it's made by you.
You can use any image you like, but wouldn't it be super if you used an AiFactory image? You can find some at the store here and even pick up a few freebies here!

So without further adieu, here is the image the DT got to play with this week - Ella the Ballerina:



I must say, I love seeing Ella in her tutu and it's probably my favourite Ella stamp so far. She also reminded me of a certain crafter out there who recently made a card using an image of girl whose dress also had ruffles like miss Ella...Anne-Marie! Her card inspired me somewhat to paperpiece on my own project. SO, a hearty thanks to ya AM!

[I've just had another look at your card AM, and you wouldn't believe me if I told you I didn't do it on purpose! I also made rolled paper roses! LOL! well, they are my own signature flower, you really can't blame me]

As you can see by my little side note for Anne-Marie, my handmade by me embellishment was paper roses. They really are easy to make and I have it in my mind to do a quick tutorial to show you how I do mine sometime. These ones were especially glittered in honour of Birdie.


The gloss on the flower paper above, which was from a paper stack given to me for my birthday by a certain Ace Reporter over at my Secret Pals group, was created with glossy accents (duh!). The above photo also shows the deep purple I inked all my edges in.
The sentiment for this card also came from the same paper stack, the last two sheets of the stack contain sentiments which one can cut out...yay for scissors! Three purple bling stones did the trick to add some shine.


I coloured Ella using pencil crayons, I thought these would make for a softer look than colouring with my Sharpies which usually give quite a good pOp! I did digress though when it came to her hair because I just felt the pencil crayons weren't dark enough. I went over the crayon colouring with a brown sharpie :) I am so loyal to those little guys aren't I?

I fussy cut her out and then coloured in another image of her, colouring only the skirt trim. I fussy cut this out as well. I then raised the skirt trim on foam and adhered it to the base Ella image. She still needed a bit of glamour so I ran glue all along the skirt trim and around her hair bun and promptly covered her in beads. I shook off the excess and was left with pure gorgeousness!


She still didn't look finished to me so I added glossy accents to her entire skirt and ballet pumps, all I can say is I am happy with the end result. I think this is quite possibly my best pencil coloured image yet!



I've used my crafter's pet, the cuttlebug, to dry emboss the purple Cardstock Ella was mounted on. I used the music sheet embossing folder, so apt right?

The finished product:


All that's left now is to send this baby off to someone who deserves it, I hope you'll join us for the challenge and that you'll have an awesome Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Petra, love the beads on the tutu also, you clever girl!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a really lovely card Petra!!! YOu did so very well on it...BRAVO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you made her skirt so dimensional and added the beads - a wonderful touch. She just pops off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, P!.....she's just lovely....paperpiecin' AND beads!....I'm flattered....ha!
    Don't read my thoughts on purple, though....you might fall out with me....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. You do Ann-Marie's inspiration proud (even if it is in purple).

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....