Friday, December 10, 2010

Wedding bells

Hello Everyone!

A dear friend of mine is getting married in April next year and I offered to make her wedding invites while my mom-in-law offered to pay for the cost of the supplies. We have had the style of the card pretty much decided for the last 3 months or so but did not finalise until yesterday. I still, however, need to buy the paper according her colour scheme tomorrow so I can get started! There are 50 invites to make.

Her colour scheme is a deep red and gold so I tried as best as possible to find these colours in my stash yesterday, in order to be able to give her an idea in advance.
All edges were inked in roan and I used little gold beads for the accents on the outer panels.


Please excuse the photo quality, I was really struggling to get the light right this morning.

It's finally Friday people! I hope yours is Fantastical!

2 comments:

  1. What a stunning invitation this is going to be. Lucky lady to have a friend to make these for her. Yippee!! Friday. Hope the weekend will be as super as this morning is here in Gauteng. Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job, Petra.....your friend will be delighted!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....