Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Advent Calendar

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

Christmas is coming ever closer and what better way to count down the days than with an advent calendar? I confess this is not my own original design but rather one I found on the net. There were no instructions, just a picture of this most wonderful idea!

View of the top of the Calendar
As you must be gathering, the calendar is actually a 3d one. It was made out of matchboxes, acrylic paint, paper, brads, ribbon and embellishments from my stash.
If anyone would like to know how I created the calendar, feel free to drop me an e-mail and I will send you the instructions.
For now, here is what it looks like:

A view of the entire box with a few drawers pulled out


Side view - you can see the 'feet' I gave it.

I really loved creating this, the idea was just too cute for me not to try it! I hope it gives you all a little more Christmas inspiration.

Hope you have all had a good start to the week, and that this Tuesday is Terrific!

4 comments:

  1. This is a good idea.Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful, Petra.....I'd love the instructions.....or a link :)
    My email
    k_lewis5@sky.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have u a template for this design. can u share me. turkerturgut@yahoo.com thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....