Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Giving

Wow, what a wonderful weekend All! Hope you enjoyed the time as much as I did!

I used my time wisely and decided to create packaging for one of my gift recipients, I can't say who just in case they see the post - obviously :)
It is for a jewellry item that I did not want to just pack in a little jewellry box. I have these really neat clear triangle box items in my stash and decided to pretty one up for the packaging.


I've placed it on a piece of white paper so you can see it more clearly. I got the pack of 5 of these from a store called Westpack here in Gauteng. You could however use one of the many templates that are available online for a triangle box and cut the template out of some perpex.

I folded all lines of the box as nessecary. I used some of the christmas paper stash I have to make inserts for the sides and bottom of the triangle, very easy and quick. I inserted these into the relevant spaces of the box. I then punched holes through the paper (in line with those on the box). I then threaded three different ribbons through the alternating holes and pulled these in order to close the box.


The closed Triangle Box
Side view of the open Box
A view from the top of the box: you can see the gift and a personal message within
And Voila! a gifting idea that takes less than 20 minutes to make - literally! I hope this gives you all some inspiration when wrapping your own gifts. Let me know what you have planned?

Hope you all have a great week ahead of you and that Monday is Montastic! - new word!

1 comment:

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....