Monday, August 1, 2011

Vintage cycling

Ooh! Imagine my excitement when I received a whole stack of stamps in the post from one of my dear friends J I will not mention names but you know who you are! I love them all!
I had fun playing with one of the sets yesterday, It’s an Angel Company Stamp called Vintage Rides, It is the cutest set ever and is going to be a very versatile set for my stash.
I bought a roll of vintage looking wrapping paper on Friday, this is such a good way to save some money on really nice patterned paper. It cost me R10.00 for a 2m roll! And I think the paper is gorgeous!
I decided on using the vintage bicycle in the set, the banner, and the happy birthday sentiment. Because the paper is so vintage, I decided to ink the stamps in Brown and refrained from embossing them. I used my Sharpies to colour them all and placed two bling stones on the centre of the bicycle wheels. I placed the image on a piece of 'cuttlebugged' cardstock :)


I have this really neat new set of miniature punches that I bought about a week ago as well, the butterflies were just too cute to resist. I punched out three of them, folded their wings upwards and popped them onto the image. Two near the front of the bicycle, and one for the banner.


The banner was stamped and coloured a second time and then raised on foam above the first layer.


Of course, no card is ever complete without a bit of girly ribbon, so I added a striped ribbon and then a crochet one on top of that. I added a crochet flower, onto which I sewed a blue button to the bottom right of the card for a bit more girliness. You’ll also note that I hand stitched around the entire matt of the card…that took long I tell ya!


I suppose the card has a bit of a vintage shabby chic look, that’s ok with me, I love pink and I love shabby!


Have a wonderful week everyone*
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. P, this is wonderful! Love how you used that picot trim as a "road" for the bike. Must ask, are you nuts hand sewing? I think so but what a fabulous look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little butterflies are a nice touch. So, tell me did you do the crocheting yourself -- along with all that sewing? Whew! A lot of work, but a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....