Thursday, August 18, 2011

2011: A Year in Review - Week 19

Ok, so I've jacked myself up and started working on my year in review again. I am many weeks behind, but the fact that I am determined to see this project through gives me hope that I will catch up quickly.

Week 19 marked hubby and I's 3rd year anniversary. It was relatively low-key with a family lunch. I actually planned a getaway for the following week to coincide with the Roxette concert we attended. More on that in Week 20's review though.

I tried, really tried, to go with an obscure colour. Anything but pink or red. I did, really. I just couldn't do it. So, pink and yellow and blue and brown it was. Romance people, Romance. And of course, what would romance be without a couple of flowers? Those Maya Road pins are still coming in handy, thanks to the mysterious crafty friend who sent them! I'll be working on the key album you sent me soon too!

The embossing on the turquoise SCRAP paper was achieved with the Swiss dots Cuttlebug folder, the heart and key were cut with a cuttlebug die too. The brown flower was cut using my nestie die from Mrs Nate. The stunning pearl brad came from my crafty friend Mel W, thanks Mel!



The title, which to me is always one the most important elements on the page, was a combination of letter stickers and my own handwriting.


I have a few other subtle elements on the page that just capture the memory and our actual day, all of these are journal type embellishments. This one was cut from the hearts and frames Cuttlebug Die and then journaled on.



I drew a very whimsical border around the entire page, then followed by journaling a few sentences around it. I'm not very confident in my own handwriting, but it does give my projects a very personalised feel.


Amazingly, I did not use a sketch for this page, I actually came up with it on my own. Definite development in my abilities, even though it has pink all over it :)


Remember that you can access larger views of all the photo's on my blog by clicking on the pics themselves.

Hope you all have a Terrific day ahead of you filled with much laughter!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely page! All the little details are inspired. Your handwriting is great, I think and I do love the personalized touch it gives to it all! Sketches, who needs sketches -- obviously not you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do belive it's the law that things like this should be pink? Love it :)
    Keep it up P, I expect to see week 20 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love LOVE that dark dark flower!
    I adore the "feel" of this page....romance is oozing out of it....simply beautiful, P....gotta keep the standard up, now....ha!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....