Thursday, August 4, 2011

Anything goes with AiFactory!

Yup! that's right! Anything! Anything you could possible dream of! No limitations! No rules! Craft your little hearts out! A bonus, is that this challenge is being run for the entire month of August! and you may enter as many times as you like! Head over to the blog to check out the DT inspiration and enter your project :)

The DT were given a few images to work with, it seems quite a few of us were enamoured with this particular little image, which is actually a freebie in the store:



Although the challenge is month long, I'm going to jump in and try to create a new project every week for inspiration :) I have a few images from AiF that I am dying to work on yet!

I am still obsessed with 3d elements, beads and the like. They feature HIGHLY (excuse the pun) on this project.

The papers I used for this card were, sadly, all fresh and shiny and clean and new. The pattern came from a freebie paperstack from one of my craft magazines I bought quite a while back....
I coloured the image with a mixture of pencil crayons and sharpies and normal koki's (to try and save the precious sharpie ink). I fussy cut the image out, and coloured an additional two balloons and one basket with adjoining cloud. I layered these onto the image with foam squares.



You'll notice that I cut the left cloud off the image, it just wasn't working with the placement I wanted on the card. I glued up the layered cloud around the edges and poured some preeeeeety beads on it. I then filled the inner with dimensinal liquid for it to gloss and stand out.


The fun sentiment comes from the same freebie paper stack, I just cut the little cutie out. My main sentiment, the happy birthday, is a KaiserKraft clear rubberstamp in my stash, it was inked in black. I cut it out in a banner form, bent it and shaped it and stuck it down! Three silver bling stones accent it nicely too.



Is it just me or could this pass for a boys birthday card despite all the bling? or am I grasping at straws? Sigh*  Anne-Marie? What do you think?


So come on and join the challenge people! What are you waiting for? Have a happy Thursday!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Love all the dimension and that sparkly little cloud!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how different our cards have come out using this image. The sparkle on the cloud looks amazing. TBH I think it might be a but too twinkly for a boy to appreciate....

    I've enjoyed working with you on the DT Petra and wish you all the best with your next stint on the team.

    See you in blogland :)

    Lots of love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Petra....and I don't think it's too twinkly...ha!
    Would love ya to pick up an award at my Fabulous Followers post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog, great card - adore hot air balloons :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....