Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Shock and horror....Something for boys...

Ahem....cough....I have an announcement to make...I made a card...with a male theme! I am only hoping that I can do Claire and Anne-Marie proud with this one, they seem to be the Queen's of Testosterone fuelled cards.

I proudly selected an Angel Company stamp from the new Vintage rides set for the card...thanks go to my BFF for these, she has good taste.
I stamped the image, along with matching banner and sentiment from the same set, onto coloured cardstock. I coloured only choice bits with my Sharpies in order to keep it muted.
I then mounted it directly onto a strip of ribbon that I had placed horizontally on the card. It actually looks like the plane is floating.
I drew the clouds free hand onto some blue cardstock, cut them out and then ran them through the cuttlebug in the clockworks embossing folder. Black ink finished them off nicely.
I really am a sucker for detail on a card, so I adhered two buttons in the bottom left corner, tying one off with some scrap netting thread...hoarder sickness I tell you...hoarder sickness..it pays! And has done so twice this week already :)

      

I must proudly say that the entire card's paper came out of my scrap stash! how do you like that? I'm quite chuffed :) I finished the card off with a bit of faux stitching off to the side and made doubly sure the edges were heavily inked.

Ok, so what's the verdict? did I pass the Masculine card test? Holding thumbs that I did! Have a great Wednesday everyone :) And don't forget about the anticipated AiFactory Blog hop on Friday! Lots of goodies to be won!

xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Manly indeed! Must say I love that plane and banner ;) Clouds are such a creative touch and love the look from the embossing on them. I would say you are neck and neck with the other two wizards. Job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure passed the test Petra. I just love that plane flying along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say you passed with flying colours there, P! Far excelled my feeble attempts - you can do all mine from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWSA Petra - you passed, think you just got upgraded :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When did you change the photo?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep going like this and you will give the other two a run for their money! lol
    When I first read the heading I thought you were going to own up to a certain Mr. Peanut photo!!!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little plane is obviously fueled with testosterone. Excellent boy card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....