Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Girly Girl Challenge at AiF!

Whoopee! challenge time again! This time it's at AiFactory and the theme is pretty in pink! I'm loving all the pink colours flying around this week! don't you?

You can check out all the DT inspiration and enter the challenge yourself over at the challenge blog. You're most welcome to use any image you want, but wouldn't it be great to use an AiF image too? You can find tons of images to play with at the store, and even pick yourself some freebies!

Wanna see what I got to play with this week? It's this Girl dressed up as a princess clipart single!


Now, admittedly, I didn't know what to do with this single on a card. I don't really have a market for little kids in my card making and it poses a problem when I need some inspiration!
I did however have a brainwave and came up with something I would for sure put in my little girl's room if I ever have one :)

I started out with an old frame I had lying around, you can see how dirty it was! I cleaned it up and made some crafty magic happen...



First I removed the glass panel and the insert at the back with the stand on it. I cleaned everything with a damp cloth. I then took a roll of pink organza ribbon and started to wrap it loosely around the edges of the frame. If I had wrapped it tightly, I wouldn't have been able to get the glass back in. Then I covered the corners of the frame in paper flowers that come readily available with gems already stuck in the centres. I chose big flowers for the immediate corners and three smaller ones for the outer corners.


I then cut my princess image to size and placed her in the frame with the glass pane in front of her. I inserted the back panel with the stand and voila! She was in her magical pink kingdom :)


The entire finished frame looks like this:


I must say that I have reconnected with my love for altered projects this week amongst all the hustle and bustle of life and deadlines to get things done. Amazing how much inspiration can come from them and when you take a break from making cards.

I hope I've inspired you to make your own home project this week and that you'll join us for the challenge :)
Have a Terrific Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Crafty magic, indeed ;)
    Can't help but wonder how long it took you to realise you had to put the ribbon on loosely? Well done, Princess P!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous way to use the image, well done :)

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....