Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Men!

Men! Why is it so darn difficult to make cards for them or scrapbook layouts about them? I’ll tell you why… because they don’t ‘do’ frilly frou frou. Simple as that. And I don’t blame them.
Men are supposed to be ‘manly’ and strong and not frilly J If they weren’t, I’d be very worried… because obviously we can’t all like ribbons and pearls.
That said, I really do have a hard time creating cards for them or scrapbook layouts about them. I am in love with romantic papers, pretty flowers and gorgeous ribbon.
So, when I was given the list of birthday cards I am to make for commissioning this month my heart fell into my knees when I saw that the majority of the cards are for men. How on earth am I going to pull this trick out of the hat?
Well, I started last night and this is my first attempt for the batch:
I always start by colouring my image and I let that lead me towards where I am going to go with regards to paper colour choice. This particular image is a digi found on the net and had no artist name attached to it, I coloured it with my sharpies. I then cut it out very carefully and adhered glossy accents to the icing to make it look real.


Next came the sentiment, it’s an angel company stamp and was inked in black stazon. I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. The frame around the sentiment was traced from the 83rd issue of Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine, pg49. After cutting it from blue cardstock I put it through my cuttlebug in the snowflake embossing folder.


None of the paper used for this card came out of my scrap stash, but what did you expect after I had to colour the cake in blue and green…manly colours…



There you go, like it or not, this card is going to be given to a man! Better luck next time if it aint manly enough J Hope you all have a fantastic Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Petra, I hope you're feelin' good about this card....I think it's a corker! Love the background colours and what a result with the image and frame....sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it, P! Just finished of my third "man" card of May today. Hopefully there'll be no more for a while! Think you've got it sussed there, girl :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a super, fabulous card. you definitely rocked "man" here.

    hugs, stef (Glitterbabe)

    do check me out, my store and
    Glitterbabe@Stitchy Bear

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....