Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Guest Design Spot at Sisterhood of Crafters!

Morning Ladies!

As you can see by my post header I've been chosen as a Guest Designer over at The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge blog this month :) Yippee! What an honour! I'll be creating two projects for them this month and today's post will hold the first!

The challenge this week is about all things that glitter and sparkle! Well, I've gone for both and a little bit more :)

First t hings first! I stamped an image I recieved as a freebie in a card mag I bought recently, forgive me for the lack of the name but I will have to update once I've had a second look at the set later...
I coloured it with sharpies and then glittered up the wings of the birdies and the leaves of the tree branch. I traced the fancy shape around the birdies from a shape in the card mag and cut it out. It was then mounted on foam before being layered onto the card base...


The card base was made from a piece of green cardstock, layered with a red cardstock which had been run through my cuttlebug in the script folder, then layered with a stunning piece of black pattern I found in my scrap stash! Over this I tied a piece of dotted ribbon...


At this stage the card needed more sparkle, so I covered a green flower in glitter, layered it with another and stuck a gem in the centre...



All it needed was a few more gems to the right of the image and she was done!



Hope you all like it and join in the fun over at the Sisterhood this week! Have a Fabulous Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Hi P! I got that freebie, too.....and now I know what to do with it...yippee!
    Love the layout on this one....and don't ya just love that image...great job, girlie!
    Congrats on being on the DT....I expect great things from you....go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freebies in craft magazines? Jealous! Way to go in making a DT - how did you keep that a secret? Love your card and thinking you might be needing new Sharpies soon...
    Personal belief - can never have too much glitter.

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....