Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ai Factory Mothers Day Challenge!

It's time for another challenge over at AiF this week, and we're honouring our mothers with a fantastic new set!

You can view all the DT creations and enter your own at the challenge blog and you can find AiF freebies at the store if you dont have any of your own yet! Remember we would love to see AiF images on your creations, but its not necessary in order to be able to enter :)

This week we were given very special mothers day images and sentiments to work with which can be found at the store here. I completely love the sentiments and can imagine them becoming staples for future mothers days to come!






Lovely dont you think? I used the watering can image and the butterfly from the birdie image on my project. The sentiment I used is perfect for a WONDERFUL mom! I outlined the letters with my Sharpies to make them PoP a little more. As an afterthought though I thought it might have been better if I'd printed the sentiment directly onto my pattern background...oh well! At least the pattern came out my scrap stash!



I coloured the images with my Sharpies as well and I love the depth and richness of the bright colours. I also tried not to take too much care when colouring because I wanted the look to feel very rugged and mismatched. I layered the watering can on foam and adhered it over three little lengths of ribbon.


I cut the centre segments of the butterflies wings out up to the body, scored along the body line and folded the segments up to give the butterfly a three dimensional look.


My last embellishment was three little silver gems underneath the sentiment, just to make sure the space didn't feel too empty :)


There you have it! now pop on over to the challenge blog and enter yours! Hope you'll have a Terrific Thursday :)

3 comments:

  1. This would make any mother proud! Wonderful card, P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blooming buckets! What mother wouldn't love it? Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the background color and the flowers too!! soo very cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....