Thursday, May 12, 2011

Take a Nature walk at AiFactory this week!

This week the challenge at AiFactory is going to take you all on a nature walk! Head on over to the blog to have a look!

The DT were given a very generously large group of digi's to work with this week and I am never amazed at the generosity of it all! Regardless of the fact that I usually only use one or two of the group for a challenge.
The two sets, called This Little Birdie, can be found at the store here, and if you would like to find a couple of freebies, you could look here.
In the mean time, this is what the sets look like:




I chose to use the nest image on my project, and how I loved colouring the eggs to look all speckled with my sharpies! (thank you to my wonderful friend who sent me these, you know who you are and I think of you each time I open their caps) I even added glossy accents to them to make them stand out and shine!



The sentiment came from a KaiserCraft set of Love sentiments and I inked and heat embossed it in black; but the Congratulations paired with the nest is going to mean something a whole lot different on this card. I recently found out that one of my friends is expecting her first child, and I have made this card for her. No idea if the little chick is going to be a boy or a girl yet but maybe my card is going to be sort of prophetic with the blue....you never know! LOL! better get it to her before she finds out!




Anyway, I digress. I cut a piece of blue cardstock for the base and then set out to create my layers for the matt work. A large piece of yellow cardstock was embossed with the birds and swirls folder through my cuttlebug and then matted onto black Cardstock. I matted the image onto the same black cardstock as well.

I then scalloped a piece of Green striped pattern and adhered this beneath the sentiment, tying a lovely piece of ribbon from my Marvellous SP over it.


You can also see in the above picture that I used a couple of brads and eyelets along the bottom edge of the card. The massive centre brad came from my Fantastic mate in the UK, Claire. Don't you think she's generous to be giving such a stunner away? And I have five others in the set still to go!

Here's a look at the final masterpiece, because, really, this is my favourite card yet...


Well, what are you waiting for? Head on over to the challenge blog and enter!
Have a Terrific Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Love everything about your card, especially how you made the eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cuuuute! Eggs are really cool.....left you a pressie on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I knew you would use them wisely P! I think it's a great card too, you're right to be proud :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can really see the shine on the eggs from the glossy accents., love the colours you chose for this card and your ribbon is gorgeous ( I am drooling.....)

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....