Thursday, May 19, 2011

Boys will be Boys challenge at AiFactory!

Time for another challenge at AiFactory Ladies!

Yep, and this week's challenge theme is Boys is will be Boys :) You can find all the fabby DT creations at the challenge blog and enter your own fabby creation too!
So, in honour of this Boy themed challenge, the DT were given a set of graphics to work with called Monstors, you can find it at the store here. A sneak peak of the set...


Now, of course we would love it if you used an AiF image for your entry, and you can even find freebies for that purpose here, but any images on your projects are welcome too :)

So, without further ado, here's my creation!

I used the popsicle image for my project this week. I printed it out quite largely on an A4 sheet of white cardstock. I then traced it, both back and front onto a piece of grey cardstock in order to form a card base. I adhered the popsicle to the front of my card.

My whole idea was that this would be an invite for my hubby to go and eat ice cream with me at an italian ice cream place :) smart huh?

In order to dolly up the image I stuck buttons onto the white spots on the popsicle image. In the centre of these I adhered silver bling stones.



I printed out my invitation message and traced around it with the posicle image in order to make sure all edges would stick flush. I then cut it out and adhered it to the right inside panle and added another three buttons just because.



The front of my complete invitation looks like this:


I imagine this could be used as an invite to a childrens party, for girls as well as boys. It was so easy to put together and I'll be adding this to my host of ideas for invites along this line.

Can't wait to see what you all create for the challenge this week! See you there!

3 comments:

  1. So very cute! Love the idea that you ade it into an invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is my invite to ice cream in the post then P? You know I'm a sucker for ice cream :D
    Very impressive card, you're so clever, I would never think to make a shaped card....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Love the buttons.

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....