Thursday, January 27, 2011

Vintage Chic

In our house, wednesday night is tv night. Somehow all our favourite shows come on tv on this one day. So, of course I need to make something that is going to be beautiful yet quick to make at the same time. Last night I had a few ATC's to finish for a swap I'm participating in and then needed to make something to show all of you.

In keeping with my scrappy quest, I made a card using the leftovers from the paper I had used for the ATC's. Amazing how the leftovers were just enough to make this card! So no leftovers were placed in my scrap paper stash! yippee!

The image I chose to use fit perfectly with the romanticism of the paper choice, I found it in my unmarked digi file so it must have been free clipart I picked up somewhere. I aged the image by pressing a paintbrush into my roan chalk pad and brushed it gently over the entire image. Must say this works a lot faster than an old teabag :)



I have these really beautiful black pearl like stick ons in my stash and thought these would perfectly coordinate with the black cardstock used.


Lastly, the gorgeous ribbon came straight out of my ribbon stash. I love how the pattern on it just pulls the entire card together.


And now for the card:


I like the way it turned out to be all Vintage chic looking and I would have you know that the pattern paper used all came from one piece of leftover sheet. The paper used on the top matt is actually the reverse side of the paper used for the base! neat huh? it worked so well with the coordination.
The card was so quick and easy to put together and definitely allowed me to participate in our tv night :)

Oooh! and! I would like to enter this nifty creation into a challenge too :)

Sisterhood of crafters - Anything Goes & GDT call

Hope you all enjoy a Terrific Thursday, two more sleeps till the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Petra!!! I love them!!!

    Smiles!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful creation. Thanks for trying out for our Guest Designer spot. Good luck!

    Thank you again for sharing your card with us over at the Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this vintage creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood! Hope to see you again next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a beauty! That ribbon is fabulous and the pearls ARE perfect =) Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood of Crafters - hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....