Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011: A year in review

Before you all start thinking I've gone bonkers by posting about 2011's year in review, let me explain :)

You all know about my wonderful Secret Pal Mrs.Nate right? Well, she has started a creative diary if you will, by scrapping one 12x12 layout every week this year. By the end of the year she will be able to look back at the entire 2011 year in review! Awesome idea dont you think? She told me in case I wanted to do it too! Guess what Mrs. Nate? I am going to join you in this creative quest!

Last night I created the intro 12x12 layout to my album, I had so much fun digging through my stash when cleaning that I already knew what supplies I wanted to use for this. I used a plain white cardstock sheet as the base of the LO. I then stapled a striped vellum sheet over this to create a funky looking background for the embellishments. The header (my name) was created using chipboard that I painted with my acrylic paint in blue. The 2011 sentiment was created using stickers. I own this wonderful little ruler that is scalloped on one edge so I used it to trace the scallops onto the striped pattern paper. I then cut out the scallop shape and stuck the piece at the bottom of the page. I journaled onto a piece of cream cardstock and stitched it with my red Steadler fine tip.


I added the blue bling once everything had been put together and I think it added a really nice touch. All edges, except for the cream cardstock, were inked in jet black by colorbox. The journaling explains the purpose of the project and a few things I am looking forward to this year; in particular my 25th Birthday, 3rd wedding anniversary (and we've been a couple for 6!) and a hopeful DT position.

You'll notice the picture I used in the LO has also been used as my avatar replacement. We took the picture on Christmas day and is our current favourite :)

Hope you all have a Terrific Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea from Mrs Nate, bet you can't wait to find out who she is. Good luck with the project! C xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I've left something on my blog for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic start, Petra....beautiful....can't wait to see your next instalment! :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....