Thursday, January 13, 2011

Beautiful Blue

We have an overcast day here in South Africa today folks. Looks like more rain is on its way, hopefully it wont be so bad that it causes flooding.

Anyway, Todays post is another card that I have made specifically for someone. I really loved putting this one together, it was almost therapeutic.


I found a piece of cardstock in my scrap stash large enough for the base of the card. I didnt ink the edges at all as I wanted a really clean look for this one. Instead, I stitched around the edge of the card with my blue Steadler fine tip.
The pattern paper also comes from my scrap stash and I put it through my cuttlebug using the dotted folder after cutting it to size. I thought the added dimension from the embossing made the pattern pop a bit more.
Three different ribbons were used on the card. Two for the 'fringe' and one to cover the seam at the top of the fringe. This is where the therapeutic part came in as I took my time cutting each ribbon piece exactly the same length and then adhering them so that the fringe would look neat and tidy.



To finish off the card, I adhered dark blue bling stones to the parts of the embossed circles which were solid.

I am thoroughly enjoying making something from my scraps every night and gives me such a sense of accomplishment. One of these days I will be able to purchase paper again - guilt free!
I am also pleased to know that one of my dear PCP friends has been inspired by my scrappy quest and made a card from her scraps yesterday too. Her name is Anne-Marie and you can check out her blog here.

Hope you all have an Awesome Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Petra, thank you so much for your lovely comment about my Dad, yesterday. It really touched me.
    This card is my favourite, up to now, that you've posted......just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one stunning card Petra! Having a break from doing your invites? Going to look at AM's card now xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....