Friday, January 28, 2011

2011: A year in review - Week 3!

Ok, so I know this post is long overdue this week and I'm already supposed to be working on week4! But here it is in all its glory :)

I so enjoyed working with this colour scheme and was adventurous enough to make my OWN embellishments! The photo's of me and my hubster were taken by us on a night where he decided to cook for us...note the very cute MANLY apron he is wearing?


Please excuse the very obvious flash from the camera but the light this morning was terrible!

The flowers on the bottom right hand corner were stamps from Scrappy Cat. I inked them in Chestnut Roan and stamped them onto scrap pattern paper from my scrap stash. Each one has an orangey bling stone in the centre. You'll also notice that I stitched around the paper pieces with my red Steadler fine tip and inserted three very awesome red brads. I was also adventurous with my ball pointed tool (can't for the life of me remember what its name is!) and indented the background cardstock.



The page title was once again created using my all time favourite wooden letters. I didn't alter them in any way.


The very neat butterfly on the top left hand corner was my own special creation. I used my compass set to draw two circles each of 2cm and 1cm in diameter. These formed the wings. I adhered them to the page using foam squares. Note that the wings are not attached to each other, only to the page where I placed them. The body was made by folding a small scrap piece of cardstock in half (it helps to keep the odd small scrap!) and then just cutting out half the body on the fold, once opened it formed a perfectly symetrical body to which I stuck more orange bling stones and then adhered to the top two wing segments. The feelers/antlers were created using a flower stamen from a pack I bought a very LOOOOOOONG time ago. Was an awesome way to start using these and I will definitely be making more for page or card embellies.



Last but not least is the reveal of my secret journaling space, now you will see why I didn't join the butterfly wings.



Well, there you have it folks! Week 3! only 49 more to go :)

Hope you have a Fantastic Friday and that your weekend is Fun-filled too :)

2 comments:

  1. tooo cute, thank you for the compliment that made my day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petra, this is SERIOUSLY good! I might pinch the idea for the butterfly...how cute is that??

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....