Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pretty scraps

Hi all, todays post goes back to crafting after my challenge to pay it forward yesterday. And as I've been trying to craft with scraps lately I thought it fit to create these beauties my friend asked of me with scraps too!

This is the same girl that is getting married in April, who's invites I posted about on Monday. She asked me if I could make four very special cards to ask each of her attendants to be a part of her bridal party. So sweet don't you think?

She told me to make them however I wanted and that she didnt even want a sample! wow! I could play however I wanted :)

Me being a perfectionist and romantic at heart, I decided these cards just had to be in the same colours and paper as her invites. I thought this would flow nicely throughout all the stationery I'm putting together for her.

I decided that since these were cards asking them to be a part of her wedding in a very special way, I would go the whole tooty and cover the envelopes as well. I did this with one of the pattern papers from the leftovers and matted this onto white cardstock. I then hand wrote each girl's name onto another of the pattern pieces and created dimension on this by going over my handwriting with a 3d accent. Each of the pieces of paper were chalked with Roan coloured ink.



I then put the same flower accent as from the invites on the top left corner. The actual card I made as a single sheet and adhered a punched piece of the final pattern paper onto the left hand side. I hand wrote the message and chalked the edges in black ink from colorbox.



This particular one is for her Maid of honour and the message, translated, says, " Will you be my Maid of Honour when I get married on the 30 April 2011"

I've loved putting all this stationery together and I'm looking forward to making the thank you tags that will be going onto her favour boxes. More on this soon!

Hope you all have a Wonderful Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Petra....you should be doing this for a living!! How I wish you'd been around when I got married.....but that would make you as ancient as me, lol. Truly beautiful...your friend will ADORE them!
    ps Can't wait for the mini-studio :D

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....