Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2011: A year in Review - Week 1

This post brings the next instalment of my 2011: Year in review album. Week one was filled with happy memories, from my Sister-in-laws 30th birthday, to recieving a wonderful package from an anonymous international friend called 'Cole's little helper'.

I centred the page around the biggest highlight of the week - Colleen's birthday.


All paper except for the red cardstock used as the base came from my scrap paper stash. Each piece was inked in jet black before adhering. Two of the photos were first matted in black before matting onto pattern paper. I drew my colour inspiration from the main image of Colleen opening a gift. The title is made of die cut wood letters.

The black butterflies are 3d Gel stickers and the green leaf pins are from Cole's helper. They are Maya Road pins.


All the flowers and ribbon came out of their hidy holes in my stash :)



The note stamp (also Maya Road), which I stamped onto yellow cardstock came from Cole's helper as well, and I journaled in the lines to mention this. I included the date I recieved it so I could hold the memory forever.



The ladybug stamp is a wood mounted stamp I have in my collection. There are no markings on it, however, that indicate which company made it. I stamped it onto pattern paper and coloured it with my Steadler fine tips.



I thoroughly enjoyed putting this page together and am quite proud of myself for constructing something that is so 'bright', it was way out of my comfort zone!

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Petra, I love that you're using the goodies Cole's helper sent you! Don't you love being in the SP group?? Maybe I'll have Cole tell your SP to make a card just like my grandma's! :D

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....