Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Patchwork fun

Goodness, you have no idea how long it took me to make this card! I fervently searched through my scrap stash for pieces that would compliment each other not only for one challenge but for two! Now, my stash isn't exactly being diminished yet but I was determined to find pieces that would work well for not only a sketch challenge, but a colour challenge too.

I was thankful to find a piece of cardstock large enough for the base and from there I started scratching my head as I decided on the other paper choices. The image was fairly easy to pick as I didn't want to colour and I chose an image, that was actually free clipart on the net, of a sewing machine.


After putting all my pieces together according to the sketch, I decided to stitch around each piece to link it to the theme of the sewing machine image. I like the way it turned out! Oh, and I must mention that I got this particular stitching idea from my dear friend Mrs Nate, who I've noticed, loves to use this particular stitching technique.



The challenges I chose to create this card for are as follows:

colourcreatechallenge.blogspot.com: Pink, Blue, Grey, White

Create4fun-challenge.blogspot.com: Sketch

Well, I hope you all enjoy a Wonderful Wednesday! We're halfway through the week!

3 comments:

  1. Love your card Petra. That sewing machine image reminds me of one my Mom had when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a fabulous image Petra, perfectly used for our colour choice too...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....