Monday, January 10, 2011

Manly wishes

Hi everyone!
Last night I decided I would try to make a 'manly' looking birthday card. I had no-one in particular in mind for this card so hubster and I will have to rack our brains as to who we know that could recieve it :)

I decided to go with blue and managed to find a piece of cardstock in my scrap stash big enough to serve as the base. Also from my scrap stash came the purple cardstock that I used to matt the striped blue pattern onto. My scrap stash was being very friendly to me and I found another shade of blue cardstock that was big enough in size to punch a circle out of and then cuttlebugger :)

The zig zag on the left of the card is actually a rub on from my sentiments stash, while the vintage looking label came from my vintage die cuts. I wrote the Happy Birthday sentiment myself.  I found blue stitched ribbon in my ribbon stash and adhered two strips next to the zig zag rub on. Three off-white brads in the bottom right hand corner finish off the card. All edges were inked in jet black



I have a second post for you all today, keep your eyes peeled for it's publication :)

Have a Montastic Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Great card for a man, Petra.Just love that blue. Warm wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Petra...would love to dive into your scrap box, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....