Monday, January 10, 2011

Spellbinders DT submission 2010/2011

Evening all,

So I promised another post today, and it's something that I worked really hard on for the Spellbinders DT competition that is running at the moment. I submitted the project for the first round but unfortunately, I haven't made it through to the next round.

Being a crafter in Africa I thought it a nice idea to craft something that would showcase a bit of Africa's roots in design. The choice was either to create a card, a 12x12 scrapbook layout or an altered item. I went with an altered item and altered a wooden Tea Box/Jewellery Box.

Below are the pics of my project, it's a bit difficult to explain the process, but I will say that a lot of work went into making sure that all my lines were neat and finished off to perfection. I personally love the leopard printed paper and still have a sheet in my stash that I am hoarding for another project.

So, without any further delay, here are the pics:





Although I'm dissapointed at not making it through, I know there's always next year and plenty other DT's to try out for this year :) Hope you all liked the project, I'm thinking about sending it to one of my crafty friends overseas, wonder who it could be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....