Monday, January 17, 2011

Lovebirds

Wow, with all the rain we've been having here in Gauteng province, we have started to experience some flooding. Some of our highways have been closed as bridges are under water. I do hope that it subsides some so that we dont have any disaster situations.

Todays card was a lot of work detail-wise. I had to colour a few copies of my chosen image so I could layer them to create a 3d effect.


The image is from Pollycraft and is called lovebirds. I coloured the entire image with pencil crayons. As usual, all paper came out of my scrap stash, I'm certainly learning how to be creative this month! all edges were inked in roan by colorbox.
I used my large corner punch to corner the image, blue cardstock and flower patterned paper.



The ribbon comes out of my regular ribbon stash and was adhered to the card underneath the focal image. I raised the entire image on foam.



I raised on the birds and the posts they are standing on, on foam. And further raised the birds' wings. I then adhered blue gem stones to the wings for added dimension and colour.



This is the first project I have made like this and though it took some time putting the image together, I think I like the effect and will definitely do it again.

Hope you all had marvelous weekends and that this Monday will be Montastic!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Petra. 3D is a lot of work, but I find it very rewarding. I think the rain should move up north to Zimbabwe, they are desperate for some. Warm wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petra, the card is beautiful..those ribbons really set it off :)Hope the rain doesn't last too long...sounds a bit scary!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....