Friday, April 15, 2011

Terrible blogger

Ok, so I lapsed last night and didn't update my post like I said I would! But really, how can you blame me when I was asked to go for a girls night at the movies? My MIL and I were in our element watching the new movie called Water for Elephants!

I did create my card when we got back, but I really was way too tired to think about photographing it and posting it here...forgive me?

So without further ado, the card...

I used a new sheet of double sided pattern for this, I just didn't have the right colour in my scrap stash for what I was going for. I even used both sides! The DSP was used for the base and to matt the main image.
I then used scrap pieces for the 'band' going across the card and punched these with my scallop punch along the horizontal.



I used the AiF image given me for the challenge, and seeing as the theme is Party Animal I sifted through the rest of my digi's to find a beauty by Dustin Pike. I coloured him with Sharpies.


You can see I very cleverly used the AiF image as the balloon for the monkey :) I also stitched around the edge of the orange matt to make the card look a little more busy.


The sentiment is from The Angel Company, I inked it in black and then heat embossed with clear powder.



OK! there you have it :) Hope your Friday is Fantastic and that your weekend is even better!

2 comments:

  1. P, what a happy combination on this card! Nice to use new paper once in a while? Used it well.
    How was movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very bright, very cheerful....and I want a balloon like that, lol!
    Takin' some grandkids to see the film in Easter holidays....woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....