Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Easter Card

Hi Everybody! Seeing as I printed more than one of the eggheads (see yesterday's post), I couldn't just let them lie in my scrap box and go to waste....

So I used the scrap blue cardstock from the basket and made a matching card!

I layered the egghead in the same way as the egghead on the basket and placed it flush against the card.


I used single rubber stamp letters to spell out the words Happy Easter and stamped them above and below the egghead image. I then covered them in embossing powder and heated with my heat gun to set. I thought it looked a bit plain so I added a red stitched ribbon to match along the bottom edge.


Doesn't it just match the easter basket perfectly? I thought so too :)



Happy Friday! Hope your weekends are simply smashing!

3 comments:

  1. Eggcellent addition to basket. Love the red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute....I need one of these l'il fellas, lol!
    Love that you used your scraps...very satisfying, isn't it :D....and the colours work so well together...is it just me, or do these have a vintage look to 'em? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute. Love how you popped up the shell on the card.

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....