Thursday, April 7, 2011

AiFactory Easter Challenge

Hello everyone! We have another challenge over at AiFactory this week and it involves an Easter theme! Also, the DT are showcasing a new release!

The Release set is called Merry Little Egg Heads and can be found at the store here. The DT created AMAZING projects this week so be sure to check them out over at the Challenge Blog :) Once you've tantalized your craft buds with their projects why dont you join in the fun and create a morsel for us to view? You dont have to use an AiFactory image to enter, but you could find a few freebies here.

As always, here is a sneak at what the digi set looks like:


When I first saw the set I wasn't sure what I wanted to make. A card? A covered book? A bookmark? I just didnt know! And then I saw this amazing tutorial over at Beccy's Place. Beccy has such an amazing blog filled with tutorials and freebies. You really should take the time to page through a couple of pages of her work .

So, the tutorial I saw was for a woven basket. Sounds difficult but it really isn't. It took a while, yes, but once I got into the rythm of things it ran quite smoothly...


I followed the tut to a T, so you can see how I did it at Beccy's Blog (See link above). I unfortunately couldn't use any scrap paper as the design calls for a whole 12x12 sheet. No worries though :) I inked all necessary edges with black ink and added the Black brads to every second layer of the weave for some PoP!

On to the Digi! I originally decided I was going to try and put about four of the eggheads around the basket, but after seeing only the one adhered I decided against it. They were actually coloured on my PC in the paint program and then resized for printing in Micosoft Word. I thought I was quite clever :)

I printed off three of this little guy in order to layer him up a bit. I layered the flowers, the jacket and the bow tie onto foam squares.



To add yet more PoP! I twisted a piece of blue satin ribbon around the handle of the basket and ended it in a bow near the egg heads...head! You can see a little bit of detailing concerning the plait work on the handle, I really loved that part of the crafting, took me back to days when my sisters and I would plait each others hair. Me being smart and trying to french plait! hahahaha!


A close up of the digi:


Well, that's it for today folks. I had a LOT of fun crafting this and I can't wait to see what you come up with for the challenge :) I even challenge you to try making the basket too!

Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Wow this is great. I love that basket on Beccy's blog and want to have a go myself, perfect for some little easter goodies.

    Love what you did with this, very creative.

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job P! Love the basket and Mr. Egg Head is perfect focal point for it. Agree, one was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lots of work, but the results are fantastic. Love the basket and all the layers on your egg guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful creation Petra, I love your take on the basket! The little egg head is so cute and I love your idea to pop him up with a few layers... he looks terrific. Thanks for sharing the link to your work, I've enjoyed having a little nosey around your blog.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....