Tada! Card #2!
I used all the same papers throughout the set, and have linking elements like the Jute chord and the perspex embellies.
If you read yesterdays post, you will see that AM commented about having used clear perspex before, but not solid colours. Well, I just have to elaborate for you all on how I did the letters now dont I? Can't leave you hanging!
The letters I've used are in fact clear. In order to get a pattern of solid colour behind it, I traced it onto the relevent paper I had chosen. I then cut out the letter and adhered it behind the letter. It really makes it look like the letter has the pattern or colour and gives it so much dimension. Of course, there is also the option of adhering the pattern to the top of the perspex, and I would definitely go this route if the perpex wasn't clear.
The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed and raised on foam over the strips of Jute chord.
I think the card came out beuatifully and is probably one of my favourites of this particular set :) As you can see, the perpex flowers were both covered with matching pattern paper (the card front), and also left uncovered (easel stopper). Just goes to show how versatile these little treasures are!
Tune in tomorrow for another AiF challenge and our return to the card set on Friday :) Have a wonderful Wednesday!