Tuesday, April 5, 2011

2011: A Year in Review - Week 12

I promised I would catch up didn't I? Week 12 was the week my hubster and I started swimming at the gym, what fun it's turned out to be so far too :)

As for most of the pages so far, the dominating title is the number of the week, I got the letters from a die cut sheet in the making memories pack I got for my birthday.


I found this really neat rub on set with a whole lot of swimming phrases on it in my stash. I bought it a while back for layouts concerning my swimming achievements when I was younger. Guess it's an excuse to buy another one now :) I used a few of the phrases on the page, on my journal sheet and as an added embellishment.


Splish Splash!
Look! No armbands!

The Laugh, Play, Swim rub on  was stamped onto a piece of cream cardstock, then punched out with a circle punch. I coloured the edge in blue with a sharpie and then stitched around it with the same pen.

I managed to use scraps again! though the edging trims came from the making memories kit. I'm not sorry I dipped into that stash though as I didn't have anything else in my scrap stash that would have looked as good!


There is one element still missing from the page however, and that's a photo of me and my hubster in our swimming gear. I will have to add this when we eventually remember to take one! I'll then place the photo on the ready made matt I've put together to the right of the journal.

That's it for today, we're almost caught up again! Tomorrow's page will have to do with my friends Bridal shower I attended on Saturday....lots of feathers will be coming your way :)

Hope you'll all have a Terrific Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. I bet you have a photo really, you just don't want all us reprobates ogling your hubby in his speedos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice layout P! Eagerly awaiting photo too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....