Wednesday, April 6, 2011

2011: A Year in Review - Week 13

Finally! Week 13! What a catch up week!

As mentioned yesterday, the highlight of last week was my friends kitchen tea (or Bridal Shower). It was a breakfast affair at a restaurant with most of her female family and friends. She was extremely blessed with many quality gifts that will fill her kitchen beyond even what she might have expected.

Her Maid of Honour and Bridesmaid decorated the table beatifully with a pink and green theme, and those are the colours I chose for the LO. I even managed to hoard a few of the elements that were on the table and used them on the LO too!

Here's a pic of the table:


You can't see it from the photo, but each wine glass had a feather in it that was either pink or green. I decided these would be perfect on the page, flanking the serviette as the feature embellishment.



I then placed a few layered flowers around it and stuck pink and silver gem stones in the centres. On the actual serviette I placed the little thank you note that my MIL (her mom's best friend) made on her behalf for everyone that attended.


I used a very large scrap piece for the focal pattern and adhered it to  a green cardstock base. I then adhered another striped pattern to the bottom end of the page for more depth. The photograph of my friend on her french maids outfit was matted on yet another pattern piece and adhered next to the serviette embellie.



As usual, the title labels the week....I used stickers to spell the wek out and placed them on pieces of green cardstock.



All edges on the LO were inked in roan and the final product looks like this...


Phew! what a week! I might just have to document this weeks LO as the one I had to catch up! hahaha!

Hope you all have a Wonderful Wednesday, and dont forget to check in tomorrow for the new AiFactory challenge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....