Monday, June 13, 2011

2011: A Year in Review - Week 15-17

Hello Friends!

I have another week in review page to show you all today, I did however condense three weeks into one double layout. I actually feel quite happy about the fact that I had to catch so many weeks up because it has allowed me to combine so many weeks into one....

The major highlight throughout the three weeks was the week we spent in a game reserve over the easter holiday. The really nice part was that the establishment is run by a Christian organisation and it felt good to be supporting them.

I used a whole bunch of scraps on this page, and still that pile of mine isn't getting any smaller. I swear the paper comes out of nooks and crannies to 'refill' the paper monster :)

I also used another magnificent LO sketch from Let's scrap so it made it so much faster to put this together.

My journaling consisted of key words that I feel described our time in the reserve and allowed me to place a couple of embellishment items. I inked the journaling strips as well as everything else on this page with black ink.


Another embellishment that I just love, and was a feature of this LO was bunting flags, don't you just love em? They are so versatile and can be used both on scrapbook layouts and cards!


One of the fun parts of putting together a Scrapbook LO for me is the development and choosing of materials for the Title. I'm still pretty tame when it comes to this and I'm sure my skills will develop, but I chose simple clear stickers to piece together this one:


The right hand side of the LO as finished:


The left hand side:



The finished product (Remember, if you want to see a larger picture all you have to do is click on the photo):



Hope you all had a stunner of a weekend and that the start of your week brings you only good things! Have a Montastic Monday!

4 comments:

  1. wonderful as always my great friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your pictures when you posted them in the Secret Pal forum - and this display really honour them. Love the effect the pictures of the right has to it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better and better.....love the bunting!
    Thank you soooo much for your two fabulous cards...will be in touch asap! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go P! Lovely spread - had to ogle the photos...

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....